Today in UK: / National Poetry Day! / Celebrate your way.


From the brits and insomniacs -

10:39 OldMiner What celest'l body / have we found? Sun? Moon? / Not yellow nor silver / Blazing blue, tis grundoon -- I got the syllables right, someone else will have to fix the emphasis if I totally botched that.

...
10:50 grundoon Gnarl, snarl, cuddle and croon/ under a crinkling sea/ the (something) tosses his silver net, fashioned of sunbeams three.
10:50 cassparadox Triton.
10:52 gnarl SKELETON
10:54 grundoon Oh, obviously. Gnarl, snarl, cuddle and croon/ under a crinkling sea/ the skeleton tosses his silver net, fashioned of sunbeams three.

10:55 gnarl or Tri-skel'ton
10:55 grundoon Then it had better be moonbeams he's tossing, though.



11:27 grundoon And the waves roll out, and the waves roll in, and the noders come and go, but why the grundoon fishes the sea, only the grundoon knows.


11:47 grundoon I plagiarnze everyone. You haveae few choices. Stay in a tradition rhyme form but make up new words, and you become carroll. Use limierikcs, and you are either Ogden Nash or Ed Gorey...
11:47 grundoon Use song lyrics or tempos, and you will be flanders adn swan or tom lehrer.
11:48 cassparadox Sirens three, of wind-tossed sea/ Songsters bright of abyss dark/ Sing the wave and sing the tide on/ Bones to waves and dreams to dawning.
11:48 cassparadox pillages ruthlessly.
11:49 cassparadox Bones to depths and dreams to dawning, along with killing the comma in the first bit, would be better, but eh.
11:49 cassparadox Sure.
11:50 gnarl Frito-lay change back most of thier completely-degradable snack bag due to complaints by secret snacker that the bags were too noisy.
11:50 Cuh-thoo-loo How about both? "There once was a man from ziffleeber / Who wrompled too oft of the xeeber / His wife, quite concerned, plaughts him not to get burned / But alas, one sad day, he'll kazheeber."



12:47 grundoon Cassparadox, she's not a hag,/lays eggs inside a paper bag. The reason for this, there's no doubt / it serves to keep the lightning out. ///But what this tempramental bird / has failed to notice, is that herds / of wand'ring bears, they come with buns / and steal the bags to hold the crumbs.


Later...bu bu bu buuusted

and way to get it in under the wire - I think that's a GMT time stamp 23:52 Kizor There will come soft rains
23:53 Simulacron3 To relieve hard pains
23:55 doyle From misspent youth on bowling lanes
00:04 Kizor Balsam hemorrhoid cream -
00:04 Kizor for the discerning athlete.
00:04 You realize that I must never let grundoon see this.


Feel free to ask an editor or admin to add yours if it's from that day; please keep the time stamp.