Well, I'm off to beard the dragon in its lair - or, less poetically, to take the NCLEX test for my RN licensure. I'm pretty sure I'll do well, but I'm scared out of my gourd nevertheless - there's a lot riding on this test. If I don't pass, I'll have to pay another $200.- test fee and wait 3 months to retake it, neither of which my finances would support right now. I NEED a job (I have ca. $50.- for the rest of the month, and I've got 2 kids, and my utility bills aren't paid yet, never mind my land payment).

Wish me luck, for I need it greatly...


Update:

I got to the testing center at 9:20 for my 10:00 appointment, and started the test at 9:35. At 10:05 my computer shut off. I hadn't been keeping track of how many questions I had answered, so I was rather taken aback. You see, in the NCLEX, you answer anywhere from 75 to 265 questions, depending on how many questions of a certain difficulty level you get right. However, having the computer shut off at 75 doesn't NECESSARILY mean you've passed - it can also shut off if you've missed too many and have proven yourself irredeemably stupid. In other words, there's NO way to tell how you've done til you get the results. AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

So now, instead of being terrified of the test, I'm a nervous wreck waiting for the results... *sigh*