Some tricks, to impress and amaze:

#1

Holding the Zippo lighter in your thumb, index and middle fingers (bottom on thumb, top on fingers making sure the hinge is closest to your ring finger.) pinch down hard. The trick is to place your finger tips as close to the back edge of the lid as possible. Light it with your index finger when it pops open.

#2

Hold your Zippo with the hinge pointing away from you in your lesser dominant hand. Bring your thumb and middle finger together like you are going to snap on your dominant hand, and rest the nail of your middle finger just below the lid on the side of the Zippo. Now snap, as your thumb goes up, it should open the lid in a quick motion. Now bring your thumb and middle finger back to the snapping position and rest the side of the middle finger on the flint wheel. Snap again, and the Zippo should light. It is not to impressive when you do it slowly, but with practice, it's cool when you get it faster.

#3

Hold your Zippo in either hand, preferably dominant, between your thumb and index finger so that the hinge faces you. Bring the Zippo down so that the side of the lid grazes the side of your leg. Now bring the Zippo up so the flint wheel grazes your leg. By the time you bring it in front of you, it should be lit. Once again, this only looks cool when it is done quickly.