we were looking for an apartment, and we finally settled on an old house instead, with two floors and it looked odd, the rooms were very narrow. some of the wallpaper was nice, other places needed paint. it seemed well enough and thusly we were set to move in because the previous tennants were already gone. for some reason, we lived across the street from the place we were going to move into. so, early the next morning i wandered out and there were some odd things like a police officer, something else that escapes me.. and i had to trudge through the bushes and long grass that made up the lawns of the two houses (which are now between the house we lived in and this new one, rather than across from it).

i open the door, and note that there are coats, a babies jacket and some older people's clothing, as if a family was living there. it still looked empty, otherwise, but there were jackets.. and then i thought perhaps i'd chosen the wrong place so i backed away but it seemed so right. i wandered back home and asked which house it was, and upon confirmation noted that it was occupied. the police came, and chased the occupants out, they happened to be living there before and were now homeless because they couldn't afford it anymore. i felt bad. they seemed like very stressed and odd people. they piled into a beat up old brown car while we went to the house, and the man pulled out a huge knife and told his wife to go kill us. she took the knife and thrust it into his head, right through, and uttered something about being tired of his stupid brain.

she took the baby and i'm not sure what happened with them, after that.

we went into the house with my dad and started exploring around. my brother took the bigger room that was neat so i was kind of agitated, but mom said that the other room wasn't bad. i went to look at it. it was a little smaller than the room i'm in now and i kept complaining about 'downgrading'. i noted several times that the hallways and rooms were so narrow. it reminded me of a maze.

i think this dream has a lot to do
with what i was thinking just before
i went to sleep last night. there
were bits and pieces of reality mixed
with peculiar dreamscape type things.
maybe that's all life is, anyway..