English: Greenland, Danish: Grønland, Inuit Kalâtdlit-Nunât.

Population approximately 60,000, area 2,175,000 square kilometres, making Greenland one of the least densely populated countries on this planet. Depending on whether or not Australia is considered an island or a continent, Greenland is either the largest or second largest island in the world. Capital city is Godthåb (Inuit: Nuuk). Most inhabitants of Greenland are native Inuit although there is a sizable minority of Danes and mixed-race inhabitants. Danish and Eskimo languages are both spoken.

Most of Greenland (95%) is uninhabitable wasteland, away from the coastal areas a layer of ice up to 4,300 metres deep ensures that the wilderness is untouched by human hands. Over 70% of the island lies north of the Arctic circle and stretches so far north that the North Magnetic Pole currently lies in the permanent pack ice just off Greenland's northwest coast.

Politically the country is a self-governing province of Denmark having been first officially claimed by the Danes in 1721, and the island sends two members to the Danish Parliament. The earliest European settlers were vikings who probably stopped over there on their way to North America, and some of them set up a small settlement. However with very little to do other than catch fish (still the principle part of the Greenland economy) it is not surprising that even today there are fewer people in the whole country than in most individual towns or cities in Denmark.