user since
Mon Jul 21 2003 at 09:53:42 (20.8 years ago )
last seen
Thu Feb 19 2004 at 07:30:21 (20.2 years ago )
number of write-ups
2 - View joshc's writeups (feed)
level / experience
0 (Initiate) / -6
mission drive within everything
To cure boredom and further my procrastination hobby, begin an early campaign for presidency.
specialties
Writing, oral sex, procrastination, masturbation, pissing people off.
school/company
Western Kentucky University
motto
"Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke."
most recent writeup
Volunteer State Community College
Send private message to joshc

Who the Fuck Are You?

I am a 20-something writer from Middle Tennessee. A graduate of Volunteer State Community College, I am now working for my Bachelor's in news/editorial journalism at Western Kentucky University.

After graduating high school, I wasn't exactly sure what I wanted to do, and I decided to give college a shot. I naturally went to Vol State, being that it was both the cheapest college and the closest. With aspirations of becoming a writer, I chose journalism as a major.

So far, it's worked out really well for me. I graduated May 2003 Summa Cum Laude, and am considered by most of my peers to be an outstanding writer. Shows what they know!

Journalism isn't really what I'm aspiring to; I basically chose it as a day job until I can get a few best-sellers out there. ;-) Oh, and I really dig the travel and adventure opportunities.

In the meantime, I've written a couple of short-stories that I want to publish. My writing tends to be science-fiction, but I've recently broadend my horizons with more "down to earth" fare.

I have more of an imagination than a work ethic. Sitting down and writing a story is excrutiating for me, but I know it's something I have to do. I have hundreds of stories in my head, but a pretty limited lifespan. Both my father and his died of cardiac arrest in their 50's and I'm almost certain to go the same way.

One day, I would love to adapt some of my stories for the big screen. That is writing the screenplays and directing. I know it's damn near impossible in Hollywood, but with my kind of vision, I see everything very specifically, right down to the soundtrack. If someone else screwed with that, I would probably become homocidal.

Favorite Authors:

Frank Herbert, Thomas Harris, Hunter S. Thompson, Chuck Palahniuk.

Favorite Films:

Blade Runner, Ghost World, The Matrix, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Fight Club, and anything by Stanley Kubrick (except Eyes Wide Shut).