user since
Mon Dec 11 2000 at 08:16:05 (23.3 years ago )
last seen
Sun Aug 25 2002 at 00:47:53 (21.6 years ago )
number of write-ups
22 - View krsi's writeups (feed)
level / experience
2 (Acolyte) / 421
mission drive within everything
oppressing sobriety || knowing the enemy
specialties
catalyism || realism || sainthood || compassion
school/company
chaos manipulation || lateral thinking || divergent thought
motto
through slow erosion, your wounds will deepen.
most recent writeup
DNS Spoofing
Send private message to krsi

Catalyst (I am a sociological catalyst.) (see http://illusion.org)

  1. A substance that changes the rate of a chemical reaction without itself being changed. A catalyst may increase the rate (positive catalyst), or decrease the rate (negative catalyst). The final state or equilibrium of the reaction is not changed by the catalyst. Only the rate of approaching the final state is changed. Examples of catalytic action in the field of archival preservation include the impurities in paper, such as iron or copper, minute particles of which may inadvertently be introduced into the paper pulp in the beater operation. According to some authorities, these can act as catalysts in the formation of sulfuric or hydrochloric acid in paper. by assisting in the conversion of sulfur dioxide to sulfuric acid, or the chlorine frequently used in bleaching paper pulp, into hydrochloric acid. Leather, also, may contain minute particles of metals which may speed up the formation of sulfuric acid.
  2. One that precipitates a process or event, especially without being involved in or changed by the consequences
  3. A chemical substance added to thermosetting resinous adhesives to speed up the cure time of such adhesives. to increase the cross linkage of a synthetic polymer, or to accelerate adhesive drying.
  4. A property, event or material substance that must be present to synthesize or produce some other property, event or material substance without becoming part of the result of the process. In chemistry, catalysts speed up or slow down a chemical reaction without undergoing permanent chemical change thereby. An example of a catalyst in society is the justice of peace or the priest who is necessary to legalize a marriage but does not himself participate in it. The assembly of a machine according to information carrying instructions is another example.

My name is kait, and I'll be your operator...