No way am I gonna make Iron Noder this month. My little clinic is just me and the receptionist. So fifty percent of the staff is out, since Thursday! Augh!

Double duty. I have another employee quite part time. She is taking two hours at the front desk daily. However she is not fully cross trained. "How do I scan?" I do know how to do most front desk things. We turn the phones to message, saying staff is sick. I have a basket in the front for people to write get well cards.

Not clear how long it will be. Between patients yesterday I figured out the payroll, did the bank deposit and contacted our biller to ask for extra help Friday. Today I will move patients who can be moved out a couple of weeks, to free me up to learn Excel on Friday. The incoming payments are tracked in Excel and in Quickbooks. Augh.

One of the lovely complications of billing is that some insurance companies send a check. The check does not say what visit or what patient it is for. In some cases we have to cash it and wait two days for the information. In others we have to go online with one of the 1300 US Insurance companies and search in one of 1300 websites, all of which are different, to figure out which patient it is and what visit it was....are we having fun yet? Does your head hurt?

I moved one non-urgent visit today, one tomorrow, and I may lighten tomorrow even by one more.

Don't know how long this will go on....

Happy Iron Noder. There! I got ONE done!

IRON NODER X: XTREME XCELLENCE