Why "Why Pascal is Not My Favorite Programming Language" is bogus.

It's funny that the "Why Pascal..." is always brought up in such discussions. It was written way before Pascal had its finest hour with nearly total dominance in the bulk compiler world with Turbo Pascal, and its broadly praised successor Delphi.

Also it was a mere opinion of a certain person that was commit to another language. (which he even happened to design, and is the only reason why the article made history anyways. It can't be for its contents).

But the zealots of that language keep bringing it up, without ever researching it. It is simply quoted on the basis of the name of the author and the catchy title alone.

Nearly zero of the limitations named in this article apply to modern versions (which are the ones that were actually used) The real old Pascals did have their disadvantages, and though a little bit exagerated, the article has its merits with respect to those old pre 1985 versions.

It's like digging up some article from 1980 that explains how C evolved from a macro assembler, and then disallow C++, VC++ and GCC because of it.

The Pascal vs C article should be placed in the context of its time, and not randomly pulled from the grave at every occurance of the word "Pascal"