Hello, everythingians.

I'm taking a break from my usual shenanigans on this site to tell you about something that I've been working on for the last couple of weeks.

As many of you are probably aware, this Halloween weekend will mark the second installment of Moogfest in Asheville, North Carolina. Moogfest is a gathering of electronic acts past (Eno this year, kids. Suicide, too!) and present (I'm partial to Holy Fuck and Ghostland Observatory).

What you aren't yet aware of is that I (and another, proper, freelance writer in NC) are trying to get press passes. That's right, legitimate passes to ask people stupid questions, get closer to the stage than you can, and in general act like we own the place for three days.

Wow. That's going to be fun.

Anyway, we can't do it without some help. As freelancers and underemployed people, we can't just take off for the 3 days of festival and four weeks of planning, executing, and finishing up our projected long-term projects (including a nationally published magazine piece, a DVD, and a CD).

So, Jason and I started a campaign on indiegogo to help us achieve this goal. It's at http://www.indiegogo.com/Embedded-in-Moogfest

Please, even if you can't contribute one dollar, you can send that link in an email or facebook posting or tweet or carrier pigeon to your friends and family, or the people you know who are into the music.

Or random strangers. It's all good.

And, before you even get started, let me say thank you. For whatever you can do, even if it's just read the campaign and say, "I could do that."