Transforms from defense base to scorpion to robot and back!

DECEPTICON: SCORPONOK

FUNCTION: HEADMASTER COMMANDER
"Kindness is no virtue... and cruelty is no vice."

Despair and isolation are all that remain in his wake. Believes the poor should be exploited, the weak oppressed, and the noble corrupted. Others' pain is his sole pleasure. In scorpion mode, tail shoots 100,000 volt electric bursts, has twin pulse blasters, claws can crush mountains. In defense base mode, has over-the-horizon radar, communications center, anti-aircraft sonic cannon, repair bay, construction bay; semi-autonomous armored interceptor with dual photon cannons that patrol the base perimeter. In robot mode, has fusion-powered anti-gravity gun. Binary-bonded to Lord Zarak, leader of the evil Nebulans.

  • Strength: 10
  • Intelligence: 9
  • Speed: 4
  • Endurance: 10
  • Rank: 10
  • Courage: 10
  • Firepower: 9
  • Skill: 9
Transformers Tech Specs


The Scorponok toy was the counterpart to the Autobot Fortress Maximus, or he would have been if he hadn't been half the size. He was larger than any other Transformer toy created, however, and that was enough for most folks. (Plus, he had a cool scorpion mode instead of just another boring battle station mode). He was purple and orange and green and black and had lots of nasty-looking pointy bits sticking out of him. The robot had giant claws that could pick up Autobot toys and throw them off the bed with impunity. The Headmaster feature was just an added bonus.

When he was introduced in the "Rebirth" cartoon episode, Scorponok was controlled by the Nebulan Zarak instead of having any mind of his own. The Japanese "Transformers: Headmasters" show gave him, along with the other Headmasters, a very different origin and ignored "Rebirth" entirely.

In the Transformers comics, Scorponok was instead the leader of the Decepticons on Cybertron while Megatron and his team of Decepticons were crash-landed on Earth, since four million years in the past. They followed Fortress Maximus and his fellow Autobots to Nebulos, where they used Nebulan technology to bond with several Nebulans and become Headmasters and Targetmasters. When the Autobots left Nebulos for Earth, Scorponok followed.