BreaLu is a tiny little joint on Forest Avenue across from a Burger King. BreaLu's name means "Breakfast/Lunch", which is all they serve. Lots of USM (University of Southern Maine) students go there because it's near the campus. It's in an older building with high tin ceilings and some goofy decor, like a parody of the Mona Lisa sitting in BreaLu with a mug that says "I (heart) Breakfast." There are large potted plants in the windows, also depicted in the picture. The actual dining room has something like six four-person banquettes and a picnic table that seats about eight. We shared the table with another couple sitting at the other end. If there are no open tables, there is a waiting room where you can sit and add your name to the waiting list on a dry-erase board.

The waitress was nice and brought our coffee right away. The menu there is pretty ordinary, but I liked the cinnamon raisin french toast pretty well. The home fries were just fine, if a little heavy on the paprika. Everything was more than adequate; it was a perfectly nice place to sit and have breakfast, but nothing was really mindblowing. Since it's further from home than the Bayou Kitchen, it's not really worth the longer trip.