My next dream log

This dream is more of a story than simply a dream. But I decided this would be the most entertaining place to post it.

I sleep in the basement. I also live just outside of Toronto. Anyway, for the last few weeks or so it has been raining non-stop. Last night was no exception. The rain started around nine o'clock p.m., and it was still raining when I fell asleep around 2:00am, slightly drunk after having friends over. I wake up again around three o'clock. Water is pouring through the edges of my window-well, onto my peacefully sleeping head below.

I curse loudly and leap out of bed, and pull my bed out of the way of the gushing water. After frantically attempting to catch the water in a cup (and failing), I throw on my robe and my brothers shoes and run out in the pouring rain with a broken umbrella. The only thing I could find to cover my window-well with was a bunch of unused tiles left over from a bathroom renovation. My carpets were wet, but I went back to sleep anyway, stupidly assuming that I had fixed the problem.

Three hours later, at six a.m., water is pouring in again. My window well is filled with water to the brim... but I only discover this after I open the window. Frusterated, wet, and still sort of drunk, I give up and wake up my entire family, begging them for help. Soon we are all out in the pouring rain in our robes with bright colourfull umbrellas, shop-vacing the well and digging trenches to lead the water away from my window. I went to bed at nine o'clock a.m., and because I had put tiles on my window, slept in the complete darkness until one o'clock p.m.

My dreams last night were all nightmares about floods, pouring in the ceiling and up through the floors. I wonder what could have inspired that?