In less than 48 hours I will be somewhere over the Atlantic ocean. I'm so excited, I've never been to Europe before and I've been looking forward to this trip for over a year now. Our transatlantic flight is #50, which is a good thing because I don't see that as a number that you'd see on a newscast, "American Airlines Flight 50 blew up in midair, killing all aboard in a massive fireball." See, it just doesn't have that ring to it. :)

I'm also very happy because the hardest part of my preperation for the trip is over. We had our last marathon rehersal session today, tomorrow we rehearse for three hours in the morning and then have an evening concert. Playing an average of 6 hours a day for three days has been really rough on me since I haven't actually played the clarinet in preperation for a performance for two years. I've discovered all kinds of things that can hurt. Did you know that you can strain the tendons in your fingers like you would any other muscle? Never happened to me before! I had a callous on my lower lip earlier today. My lips have really toughened up, but after our second day of rehersals I was rubbing Oragel on them every 15 minutes. Despite the pain, I'm kind of finding myself enjoying this. Who knew?

Time to start packing!