Life emerged on Earth Suddenly and in Complex Forms

When terrestrial strata and the fossil record are examined, it is to be seen that all living organisms appeared simultaneously. The oldest stratum of the earth in which fossils of living creatures have been found is that of the Cambrian, which has an estimated age of 500-550 million years.

The living creatures found in the strata belonging to the Cambrian period emerged all of a sudden in the fossil record. There are no pre-existing ancestors.

The fossils found in the Cambrian rocks belonged to snails, trilobites, sponges, earthworms, jellyfish, sea hedgehogs, and other complex invertebrates.

This wide mosaic of living organisms made up of such great number of complex creatures emerged so suddenly that this miraculous event is referred to as the Cambrian Explosion in geological literature.

Most of the life forms found in this strata have complex systems like eyes, gills, circulatory system, and advanced physiological structures no different from their modern counterparts. These complex invertebrates emerged suddenly and completely, without having any link or any transitional form between them and the unicellular organisms, which were the only life forms on earth prior to them. Richard Monastersky - the editor of Earth Sciences, which is one of the popular publications of evolutionist literature supporting Darwinism and neo-Darwinism, states the following about the Cambrian Explosion which came as a total surprise to evolutionists:
A half-billion years ago, the remarkably complex forms of animals we see today suddenly appeared. This moment, right at the start of Earth's Cambrian period, some 550 million years ago, marks the evolutionary explosion that filled the seas with the world's first complex creatures. The large animal phyla of today were present already in the early Cambrian and they were as distinct from each other as they are today.
-- "Mysteries of the Orient", Discover, April 1993, p.40.
How the earth came to overflow with such a great number of animal species all of a sudden and how these distinct types of species with no common ancestors could have emerged is a question that remains unanswered by evolutionists...


I lay down my hat to Lometa, by far the best wu on this node...

And to the one under me, fair play to you for your wu, but the suffix with all that insinuated personal reference - kicking in the balls etc. It's just plain rude, unecessary and a little below the belt (ahem!)

PS: rp - If you wish to apologise then take out the abusive crap, oh and by the way, I don't have balls... I have ovaries.

PPS: rp - Thank you for editting out the initial abusive language, and thus apology accepted.