Today was my twins, Tolkien and Indigo, three month check up. Everybodys doing quite well and gaining weight nicely.

Tolkien (the second one born and the one who was having some trouble at first) is now 22 1/2 inches long and weighs a whopping 11 pounds, 4 ounces. He's gained about three pounds in one month. The doctor pinched his fat little cheek and told him that he was doing great. He's now getting his first tooth. He's also started rolling from his back to his side and makes adorable little cooing sounds. His favorite things are the ceiling fan (on OR off), his hands, the Buzz LightYear that hangs from the ceiling vent in our bedroom, his daddy's face and pooping the second I've put a clean diaper on him.

Indigo, my sweet little Michelin Man, is now almost 24 inches long and weighs in at 13 pounds 4 ounces. He's also gained three pounds in a month. He's average length statistically and just over average weight. The doctor pinched his fat little cheek and told him that he was looking great also. He hasn't started getting any teeth yet. But, he has mastered holding his head up. He, too, coos all the time. His favorite things are throwing his head backward to see what's behind him (and when I position him to face the direction he was throwing his head toward, he throws his head back the other way), the ceiling fan (on OR off), the Buzz LightYear hanging from the ceiling - particularly at sunrise, laying on his belly and lifting his head, and his daddy's face.

And as for me, I am now 5 foot, 5 1/2 inches long and weigh in at a staggering 162 pounds. And, not to be beat by my babies, I've gained FIVE pounds in the last month. The doctor slapped the doughnut out of my hand and told me to stay away from the carbohydrates and sugars. So, I decided to start using the 7 workout videos that we have. When I got home I taped them to my legs and walked from the couch to the fridge and back again each time my favorite talk shows went to commercial. It doesn't appear to be helping yet, but I'm optimistic.