It's been 3 years and 3 months. March 8th, 2003 was the first time I ever set foot in the house I now regularly go to to play Magic and many other new games. It was shortly before that date that the man of that particular house called me and played a practical joke on me (March 9, 2003).

Today I took my revenge. April Fool's would come and go and I never came up with anything that was just right. However, yesterday, this friend of mine was playing in a freeroll to win entry into the World Series of Poker. He had made top 60 in a 3500 person tournament, which qualified him for another 3500 person tournament, of which the top 16 players would win a seat in the main WSOP event ($10,000 if you want to just enter).

He was still in it when they were down to about 800 players. However, he and his wife had a dinner engagement that evening, so our hero needed someone to finish the tournament for him. Not being a tournament or even a no limit player, I was his third (at least) choice. What I lack in tournament experience I make up for in availability.

I'm not particularly fond of poker stories. Especially when I can assume most of my audience doesn't even play Texas hold 'em. Let's just say I got knocked out 148th making a bad bluff where someone else made a bad call.

That would have been the end of the story, but our hero called me last night to see how I did. Couldn't he find out himself? Well if he's going to rely on my account, I think it's time to serve up that revenge.

I also had the advantage of being able to hatch my plan all morning and then call him while he was still in bed and sufficently groggy. He was of course suprised to learn I had taken 13th, but the true stories I told him of the poker hands I got lucky in created a sense of realism. I also lied and said my girlfriend and I were out late celebrating our 3rd anniversary together (which is half true, our anniversary is today, and we WERE out last night, but I think I was actually in bed when he called....I thought I should say I was out really late, to explain why I didn't tell him the good news sooner) and got his message very late last night.

I told him to call me when he got up and I'd give him a link to explain what he had to do to claim his seat in the World Series. Of course the link I gave him was the entry I wrote on E2 retelling the practical joke he had played.

I shall now enter my little daylog and I won't have to retell this story to anyone with a computer that might be interested in it. I think I'll start with unrequited who vowed April Fools revenge on me after I convinced him I hit the bad beat jackpot in Colorado. Don't even try it. I am completely aware each time it is April 1, and I take everything I hear on that day with a shovel of salt.