Turbo Armadillo is a line of bicycle tires made by the cycling company Specialized. These tires feature a Kevlar weave which is highly resistant to glass cuts and punctures by thorns. It usually takes a lot to puncture an Armadillo tire, and I've known a number of people who put between 2,000 and 4,000 miles on their Armadillos without a single puncture flat. This is even more amazing when you consider I live in an area that is plagued by goathead thorns. My own pair of Armadillos only went flat three times over a period of a year or so, with one of those flats being the result of a huge construction staple embedding itself in the tire (hardly something you can expect a bicycle tire or tube to endure).

Armadillo tires are not without their drawbacks, though. Firstly, they cost twice as much as many other road bike tires. Secondly, these tires are very stiff, which results in a harsher ride compared to your average tire. Consider that road bikes are often made of aluminum (also rather stiff and harsh to ride on), and this can lead to some discomfort on all but the smoothest of roads. A third drawback, which is not a big deal unless you are a racing cyclist, is the higher weight of Armadillo tires.