0730 - Got up.

0745 - Breakfast. Blueberry Bagel and Apple Juice.

0815 - Saw off my father (a truck driver) for his next 3-week run.

0830 - Arrive at work.

0831 - Fuck this.

...maybe this day-timer structure works for some noders, but I can't handle it. Too trite for me. I need flow and verse. For those of you who have complained about my day-logs, I have to tell you, from the bottom of my heart, blow me.

Anyway, I get to work today, as usual. I hate Mondays, even moreso now then when I was in public schooling. My brain just finished decompressing from the Friday before, and not I have to rev everything back up again for another 5 days. I should really look into flex time, but I somehow doubt I'm valuable enough yet to be granted anything of the sort.

Winners never quit, quitters never win. But if you never win and never quit...

I just don't have the passion for my work until sometime in the middle of the week. It's a pity, too, because I want to do work, but the inspiration hasn't hit me. So I sit here and node. And play LORD.

I'm having a hard time comming to grips with the fact that I might actually be good at something. That I'm actually competent in something that someone else cares about. Both at my day job and here.

I wrote a boring writeup this morning. It was just some numbers and facts to go along with them and wasn't really special. I expected some XP, but I didn't really care. I was just bored.

And then someone C!'ed it. I don't know why, but as soon ass Cool Man Eddie messaged me, I wanted to write back the the person responsible and scream "Why the hell did you waste a Ching! on that load of rubbish? What is wrong with you?" I didn't do it, but I wanted to. I feel better about it now, though, and I'm grateful for it (thanks -- you know who you are). I'm a messed up individual -- I was disapointed that I did get C!'ed. Wow. I feel like I should put on a tutleneck sweater and a baret and go discuss dada over some overpriced bolivian coffee.

Wow. Now I'm grep'ing the 2.4.0 kernel tree for dirty words.