Up until last year, I thought I understood women more than the average guy. But I do agree with Sympathizing with women. It finally dawned on me that I was completely kidding myself. I always believed that men and women could in fact understand one another if only they would make the effort. But after getting some more experience with women beyond what is just considered friendly, I realized what very different species we really are.

Drunk and horny guys very understandably are not cool. Walking around with my female friends around the NYU area is disturbing, especially because sleazy guys lean half way out of their souped up honda civic's and make cat calls. As if that would increase this guys chance of ever getting with this girl who he's denouncing. It's pathetic, and it makes women uncomfortable. Guys who do that should be beaten.

But in the end, it's nice to be a guy. We men will never understand what women want or think (regardless of what Mel Gibson will try to tell us). If God intended men and women to actually understand each other, the mystery of discovering the opposite sex wouldn't be there, and the fun of relationships would disappear. So in the end, we men should enjoy being our primative selves, but we should also be Gentlemen.