Everything2 is a collection of user-submitted writings about more or less everything. Spend some time looking around and reading, or learn how to contribute.

Cream of the Cool

Finally, some simple ways to improve your day-to-day coffee brew

"I must offer a word of caution here: don’t invest in an espresso machine at home unless you want a new hobby."
James Hoffmann

After some of my recent writeups about coffee, one or two of you have commented that I appear to be setting standards much higher than most people have on the topic. To quote one, "All most people want is a good cup of coffee, not

Installing applications on a device outside the "approved manner" to bypass some restriction, like a modern Sneakernet


"Sneakernet is a slang term that refers to the transfer of data and electronic files between computers through removable media (like hard drives, flash drives and optical disks), which are physically transported between computers and on foot. This method is used in lieu of a computer network file transfer. "
—Technonet

In which Kevin can't write anything worthy (in his opinion)

Not that I haven't tried, but even my attempts at factuals turn into endless stories, everything else just seems like focused rants or tinfoil-hat nonsense and everything else is pappy drivel or broken-hearted wallowing in self-pity. Seriously, I went through my Drafts and offed too many like that.

But I woke up alive again, which is good, and I'm in a very nice café with a good friend and a lovely cappucchino. The

"Black Mountain Side" is a short instrumental song on Led Zeppelin's first album, and at 2:06, is one of the shortest songs in Led Zeppelin's discography. The song has a simple arrangement of guitar and tabla, and is credited as being written by Jimmy Page.

There is a more complex story behind that: like much of Led Zeppelin's repertoire, this was derived from different sources. There is a traditional folk song entitled "Down by Blackwaterside", which was then