in the spirit of node what's in front of you, I present a description of a Ten Dollar Bill from Canada I found in my desk drawer.

Front
The Bill is slightly pinkish in color. The number "10" appear to the left center with the words "Canada", "Bank of Canada", and "Banque Du Cnada" superimposed over it. Elaborate designes in various colors meant to throw of optical reproduction devices tranverse the bill. Some seal (british crown?) is at the top center. A man with sharp features dominates the bill, positioned slightly off-center. The only hint as to his identity is the word "MacDonald". The bill also has the signatures of various government officials.
Back
A Osprey Balbuzard, wings spread, carried a salmon from the surface of a large body of water. In the distant background there are a few scattered islands with douglas fir trees. The word "Canada" appears again, subtle letters painted accross the sky. The number "10" is in the upper left and lower right corners. The Serial number is along the bottom.
It appears to have been redesigned just recently, and how. This has got to be the kraziest piece of legal tender that I've ever seen. It's exploding with shades of purple and yellow, disgracing all other Canadian bills, which themselves before seemed radical when compared to the dull American green. It's psychedelic! If you Americans were impressed by your new emboldened tens and twenties, hang your heads in shame. This $10 ones-up yours like the CN Tower squeaking by the Sears.

On what I think must be the front there's a pretty awesome isometric side-profile pic of good old Sir John A., taking up a full half of the canvas. Beside him, under three snazzy holographic maple leaves, a penciled Library of Parliament. And then the 10, the Big OneTM in all of its dark, evil, menacing, monolothic glory. There's also the standard french/english Banque du Canada - Ce Billet a Cours Legal / Bank of Canada - This Note is Legal Tender.

The most notable thing about the back (if that's what it is) is the poem Flander's Fields by John McCrane in the lower-lefthand corner. Kind of sweet. Goes along nicely with Canada's whole "In Service of Peace" message, which is pretty much our gimmick, our foot in the world power door. There's also some doves and some poppies, and a drawing of what I think might be Vimy Ridge.

I don't know why, but I'm very impressed by this new bill. I guess this is what I expected money to look like in the year 2001.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.