Airport code for Albuquerque, NM, USA.

A rather nice airport. It was remodelled a few years ago, and has been since maintained very nicely. Unlike most airports, it's a very comfortable place to be, nice for weary travellers. They have a selection of fine restaurants both within and outside of the secure area, the decor is warm and pleasing to the eyes, it's not too loud or crowded and has a very nice, open feeling to it, and they have quite a nice selection of local art everywhere (including twenty-foot sculptures inside). Definitely the nicest airport I've ever been in - and I've been in quite a few.

It was recently renamed the Sunport (I have no idea why, except maybe to reflect the New Mexico state logo, the stylized Zia sun) and now has a nice, convenient major street going directly to it, rather than having to somehow know where in Albuquerque it is (Yale and Gibson is the closest major intersection). They could still use some better signs on the freeway though, but the so-called mayor seems to think it's a non-issue since the only people who wouldn't learn by repetition aren't residents and are therefore insignifigant. He's probably the worst mayor we've had in a while though. I miss Martin Chavez.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.