I am currently engaged in a quest to lose a rather substantial amount of weight. The goal is to shed 40 – 50 lbs, and right now I’m at about the 18 lb mark. One method I’m using to help me do so is to dramatically up the percentage of vegetables and fruit in my diet. Good for you, full of nutrients, filling, while still not packing on the calories. Can’t go wrong eh?

So, to help me with that, I’ve been tinkering with various recipes, either simply upping the ratios of meat to vegetables, or throwing additional veggies into the mix. This recipe is one result. One thing to note is that this will result in a lot of food. If you have a large hungry family to feed, this isn’t a problem, but if, like myself, you’ve only got one mouth to feed, you’re either going to want to cut down the recipe, or freeze some excess and save it for later.



The key to the Hawaiian feel of the recipe is to infuse the ingredients with the flavour of the pineapple. So, in order to do this, you can simmer the ingredients in the juice of the pineapples. Simply drain the juice from the cans of pineapples into a pot, and start to simmer the rest of the ingredients.

Exactly how you cut up the vegetables and the chicken is up to your own taste, you can do thin strips, or large chunks. Obviously the larger you chop the food, the longer you’ll need to simmer it in order to ensure that it is cooked.

Regardless of how you prepare the vegetables, I highly recommend frying the chicken breasts in a pan, separate from the rest of the ingredients. This way you can ensure that all of it is thoroughly cooked.

I suggest starting out with the slower cooking foods, and then add in the faster cooking foods as you chop them up. Thus, you can start out with the carrots, then the radishes, the bok choy, the bell pepper, and then the onion.

The last parts that you want to add are the pineapple tidbits, and the fried chicken. Allow this all too simmer for a few minutes more, and then remove from the heat and drain any excess pineapple juice. Then add some soy sauce to taste. Or not.

If you leave it on the heat for too long, it’s going to turn into a bit of a mushy mess, as happened to me the first time I made it. That would be a shame.

Serve of a bed of brown rice. And enjoy!

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.