Aunt Judy sandwiches, as my family calls them, were created by my Great Aunt Judy. They are small pieces of rye bread with cheese and seasonings on them. These are great for parties or a really tasty snack if you want. The following ingredients are used:
- Pre-heat an oven to broil.
- Place cocktail ryes on a cookie sheet.
- Place a layer of Mayo on each piece of bread.
- Chop up the onions and sprinkle them on top of the mayo.
- Sprinkle the oregano onto the onion/mayo mixture. I usually cover 2/5 of each piece of bread with oregano.
- Cut pieces of Swiss Cheese and place them on top of the Mayo mixture.
- Put cookie sheet into oven. Leave sit for 3-4 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling. Make sure you don't burn it though.