If you were trying to think of a food that is even more artery-clogging than a deep-fried Twinkie, what would you make?

Baseball's Best Burger was unveiled on December 10th, 2005 by the Gateway Grizzlies, a minor league baseball team located in Sauget, Illinois (which is near St. Louis, Missouri, explaining the team's name). The team plays in the Frontier League.

The burger consists of a beef patty, sharp cheddar cheese, two slices of bacon. All of this seems normal. However, here comes the factor that makes the BBB culinary creation that even the most strapped-for-ideas competitor on Iron Chef wouldn't consider... the other components are sandwiched between two halves of a Krispy Kreme Original Glazed doughnut.

According to estimates from calorie counters, this beastly concoction will weigh in at about 45 grams of fat and a cool 1000 calories. The burger retails for $4.50, and there are no plans to unleash this monster on the general public.

There is no word on whether there will be a cardiologist on-site at the stadium.

Information for this write-up gleaned from a press release issued by the Grizzlies at http://www.gatewaygrizzlies.com/news/?id=2723 . The press release is from March 8th, 2006, but the article mentions December 10th of '05, so I ran with that. Please eat responsibly.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.