Blurr is an Autobot in the cartoon Transformers. He first appeared in Transformers the Movie.

Blurr is the fastest Autobot in both motion and speech. He is very fast in robot mode, but when he transforms into a "futuristic-looking" race car, he can go faster than the speed of sound. And when Blurr speaks, he does so very quickly, continuously, and non-stop, to the great annoyance of his fellow Autobots (who tell him to either slow down or to shut up).

In the movie and TV series, the voice of Blurr was done by John Moschita, the "Micro Machines" Guy who would do those commericails for those little Micro Machines toy cars.

Transforms from futuristic car to robot and back!

AUTOBOT: BLURR

FUNCTION: DATA COURIER
"The faster it is, the better I like it."

BLURR is the fastest Autobot on land. He's a close descendant to a thoroughbred Cybertronic race horse, and a superior messenger. He can quickly whisk information from one place to another. In robot mode, he carries an electro-laser that reverses the polarity of an enemy robot's microcircuts and leaves them motionless. Range: 10 miles. In vehicular mode, he can travel faster than the speed of sound, leaving a blurred image in his trail.

  • Strength: 7
  • Intelligence: 8
  • Speed: 10
  • Endurance: 6
  • Rank: 7
  • Courage: 8
  • Firepower: 7
  • Skill: 5
Transformers Tech Specs


Not quite as cool-looking as Hot Rod, not quite as amusing as Kup, but more annoying than either. But Blurr, one of the stars of "Transformers: The Movie," still managed to get a lot of time on the cartoon and sales of his figure based on that role. They never really played up his supposed sonic speed except in regards to his rate of speaking, come to think of it.

Don't expect me to explain the part about the "thoroughbred Cybertronic race horse", though. Oy.



In 1987, Blurr was re-released as a Targetmaster with an updated tech spec:

The fastest Autobot land vehicle--and he talks even faster; often has to be told to slow down so he can be understood. Nervous, high-strung, loyal, determined. Paired with Haywire, excitable Nebulan teenager whose impulsiveness makes him a chancy electro-laser cannon, at best. In vehicle mode, maximum speed: 750 mph, range: 1500 miles.

  • Strength: 5
  • Intelligence: 7
  • Speed: 7
  • Endurance: 4
  • Rank: 5
  • Courage: 9
  • Firepower: 7
  • Skill: 7
Transformers Tech Specs


Don't expect me to explain the tremendous drop in speed in the Targetmaster stats. I guess the years were catching up to him.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.