display | more...

Bu*rette" (?), n. [F., can, cruet, dim. of buire flagon.] Chem.

An apparatus for delivering measured quantities of liquid or for measuring the quantity of liquid or gas received or discharged. It consists essentially of a graduated glass tube, usually furnished with a small aperture and stopcock.


© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.