The Casio SA-46 is a minikeyboard produced by the Casio company. It has 32 keys, spanning two and a half octaves. It is currently (along with its sister model, the SA-47) the smallest and cheapest keyboard produced by the Casio company. It can produce 100 different sounds, from the standard piano and organ, through guitar, flute and brass instruments. It also has five drum pads and automatic melodies to play along with. It is powered either by batteries, or an AC/DC adapter.

There are two ways to look at a device like this. With only two and a half octaves, this isn't a keyboard that can be used for performances. It also probably wouldn't be used for serious students. The sounds are also not always of the highest quality---while the basic piano sounds are good, and some of the synthesizer sounds are at least appropriately cheesy, a trombone synthesized on a 50 dollar Casio doesn't really sound much like a trombone. But on the other hand, it is very lightweight and portable, so even a professional musician might use it work out basic song structures while travelling, and young (or old) people can use it to learn the basics of chord progressions and music theory. I have to admit that I use mine mostly for "noodling" around, but given the cheap price, it was a good purchase.


https://www.casio.com/products/electronic-musical-instruments/mini-keyboards/sa-46

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.