In the months after the death of Tupac Shakur the media dove into speculations that his death was a hoax, and that he was actually alive, living on an island in the sun. Many conspiracy theories arose, each seeming more and more absurd than the next, overshadowing any real evidence that could be found to give real insight into the case. Nothing ever came from all of the theories and media hype, as the debate over Tupac’s death still rages on today, with numerous books and a few documentaries still being published revolving around the subject today. However, all of this started with Chuck D of Public Enemy fame.

In early October of 1996 Chuck D was giving a West Coast publicity tour supporting his latest album "The Autobiography of Mista Chuck". During this tour Chuck D made a stop in the Bay Area to give an interview with David D on the Hip Hop Corner, David D’s radio show on KALX. It was during this interview that Chuck D first exposed his "proof" that Tupac had faked his own death, and was still alive.

Sadly, Chuck D’s reasoning is flawed, as almost all of his statements why Tupac must be alive are completely random or completely ridiculous. It’s almost as if he made them all up on the spot, as there is no coherent flow to his reasoning and he often times implies that Tupac DID die. Some of it is so absurd that it will make you laugh out loud, but even though his reasons are faulty they still grabbed the attention of the media, which took Chuck D’s ideas and ran with them to bigger and better places.


Chuck D's 18 Reasons Why 2Pac Is Alive

  1. 2Pac died on Friday the 13th.
  2. Las Vegas is a payoff City, meaning all sorts of folks have been known to be on the take. That means doctors, press, lawyers etc.
  3. The white Cadillac containing the assailants was never found. How could this be when Vegas is in the middle of a desert?
  4. There's a small Black community on the North side of town. This strip is only about 8 blocks long. The attackers were Black. Where did they go? Where did they hide?
  5. The white Cadillac containing the gunmen passes a entourage of 2Pac's boys, many of them body guards. No one gives chase and there are no witnesses. There were no witnesses on the street. How come? Why not?
  6. The name of 2Pac's next album is Machiavelli. He was an Italian war strategist who faked his death to fool his enemies. Perhaps Tupac is doing the same thing?
  7. The cover of his next album has 2Pac looking like Jesus Christ. Could he be planning a resurrection?
  8. Las Vegas is in the middle of the desert. How come there was no helicopter chase? If some one was to rob a casino the LVPD would've chased you down with some helicopters. How come this didn't happen with 2Pac’s shooting?
  9. 2Pac was cremated the day after he died. Since when does some one get cremated the day after a murder? There was no autopsy.
  10. There were no ballistic tests. At least we haven't heard about them.
  11. Las Vegas is still very much a mob town. No one gets killed on the strip. You have to pretty much get permission in order for something like this to happen. Who was calling the shots on this one?
  12. 2Pac's vehicle got shot 12 times and Suge didn't get hit once. He was 'grazed' by a bullet. Why did 2Pac get shot all those times and Suge not get hit?
  13. Suge said he drove 2Pac to the hospital and they had a coherent conversation? How bad was 2Pac hit? In addition to all this there are conflicting stories claiming that Quincy Jones's daughter was in the back of the car and then she wasn't. What's the deal for real?
  14. 2Pac has completed two movies and three LPs that have yet to be released. With so many people upset about 2Pac's death literally anything connected with him is bound to net a whole lot of cash.
  15. Suge Knight and 2Pac are the only two music industry people on that high of a profile with enough balls to pull off a stunt like faking death.
  16. 2Pac's video 'I Ain't Mad At Ya' foretold his death.
  17. 2Pac always wore a bullet proof vest but for some strange reason he didn't wear one this time. Why not?
  18. The memorial services that were open to the public were cancelled in both Los Angeles and Atlanta.
Sources:

http://www.daveyd.com/chuckpac18.html

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.