A long time ago I received this email from a friend. I laughed so hard I had to excuse myself from work and retire to the potty. There I sat with tears in my eyes and fists stuffed in my mouth, trying to squelch my giggles so as not to bother my office mates. They were all very stuffy and sadly would not have welcomed the chance to laugh. I took it home and posted it on my refrigerator, where it has been for three years. Best of all it made my mother-in-law laugh. Not just a wee little smirk, but a hearty, lean-to-one-side guffaw. Hope it does the same for you.

Someone who teaches at a junior high school forwarded the following letter. The letter was sent to the principal’s office after the school sponsored a luncheon for the elderly.

Dear Reyer School,

God bless you for the beautiful radio I won at your recent Senior Citizen’s luncheon. I am 84 years old and live at the county home for the aged. All my people are gone. It’s nice to know that someone thinks of me. God bless you for you kindness to an old forgotten lady.

My roommate is 95 and always had her own radio, but would never let me listen to it. The other day her radio fell and broke into a lot of pieces. It was awful. She asked me if she could listen to mine, and I said fuck you.

Sincerely,

Edna Johnston

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.