Well, the universe came with only one electromagnetic spectrum, so we have to make the best use of it we can.

Some popular radio bands include AM, FM, shortwave, CB, amateur radio, VHF, UHF, and the 21-centimeter band used by SETI and other radio astronomers.

The history of radio, television, and broadcasting in general is depicted in a book called Tube of Plenty.

Radio is a medium of communication, that utilizes the radio frequency,RF band of the electromagnetic spectrum.

Radio encodes acoustic signals with AM (amplitude modulation), or FM (frequency modulation) and is broadcast from a central station to listeners throughout a local region, pursuant to the relevant FCC licence.

"Albert Einstein, when asked to describe radio, replied:

You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand this? And radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is that there is no cat."

-from www.forum2000.org
A Poem in The Meeting Brownlee Anthology

Radio

It's morning, so I flip the radio on.

"People fall in love, like in fairy tales.
I'm not sure I like what they can do.
I'm afraid that God has no master plan,
He only takes what he can use."

That's just what I need
in the morning
socks off and my hair uncombed,
the computer not even warm,
so I can check my Email and the news
make sure the outside world exists.
No master plan.
Perfect.

God uses me, he USES me. Something's wrong with that.
Divine ruler of the universe making me do his bidding,
cosmic strings on my wrists and ankles,
I'm a marionette,
I dance to the greater pleasure of God, yeah right.
I've got better things to do.

If he is doing that, fine. Serves him right.
The way we turned out it must look like a
sitcom with the laff-track out of whack. The same mindless plots repeated.
Always in rerun.
TV Guide's pithy synopsis for it would read like:
The World: The rich and strong screw the poor and weak. Each week.
You know what would happen if the World got ratings?
God would end up like Brandon Tartakoff, out on his omniscient ass.

Ra"di*o (?), a.

Of or pertaining to, or employing, or operated by, radiant energy, specifically that of electric waves; hence, pertaining to, or employed in, radiotelegraphy.

 

© Webster 1913

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.