Day 1 | Day 8


We got right to work after receiving the first letter. Hunkered down in an old station wagon,
me and four other revolutionaries--three men and a women--began our long journey home.
We followed the map that had been sitting on my library shelf for
all those years. The path was already drawn out, clear and unabridged.
We arrived at the checkpoint on a Thursday. Not long after we got to ███████, we received our second letter.
After Johnny X did some impromptu code breaking, this is what we came up with.


Dear revolutionary,

Congratulations on making it thus far. The ball is rolling and things are moving quickly now. This is the point of no return. We are making progress in the mainland faster than expected. We are now in control all the major power grids on the eastern seaboard and are currently working on redistributing power to Core as needed. We also claimed control of most of the region's water supply. With control of their major utilities, the weak-minded will quickly turn to us for help. At this rate, the transfer of governmental power should come quickly and stir no wakes.

For the time being, you are being asked to stay where you are. We are still working on clearing a path to Core but have come upon some unexpected resistance in the upper east coast. Not to worry, all opposition to our movement will soon be eliminated. In a few days time, you will be intercepted by one of the many guides we are sending to that area. The guide will lead you the rest of the way since it would be too great a risk to reveal the coordinates of Core in this letter. We are eagerly awaiting the arrival of our children.

Good luck children,


The Elders

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.