There has been more than one Diet of Worms. The most famous one is the Diet in 1521. This was the first Diet which attempted to deal with the problem of Martin Luther and Lutheranism. In this aspect it was highly unsuccessful.

Charles V, Holy Roman Emperor of the time, in conjunction with the Pope tried to get the Princes to condemn Luther. However Elector Frederick of Saxony persuaded Charles that Luther should be allowed to present his ideas first. Despite Luther’s clever arguments he was found guilty and the Papal bull was enforced. This decree of condemnation for Luther was called the Edict of Worms.

Luther was guaranteed safe conduct to and from the Diet. On his return journey Elector Frederick kidnapped Luther and spirited him away to a stronghold within Saxony. Luther was able to stay there until it was safe for him to return to Wittenberg, the city of his studies 1522.

The earthworm, one of nature's most nutritious foods, is 70 percent protein and low in fat. It's high quality protein, containing a wider variety of amino acids than beef. Earthworms can eat virtually any sort of organic material, making them ideal for recycling waste products.

Though worms are raised commercially by a process known as vermiculture, their uses are generally limited to bait, and occasionally animal feed. There's actually a considerable amount of research being done on the second of these uses, which has not yet become economically viable on a large scale.

The use of earthworms in certain fast food products is strictly an urban legend. In Korea, however, where much of the earthworm research is being done, earthworms were once consumed for stamina under the name toryongtang. You'd never be able to pass a Diet of Worms on a human being who knew what they were eating, but chickens and catfish wouldn't mind it at all. If new processes can be developed to lower the cost of earthworm meal, you might be (indirectly) consuming worms at KFC in a decade or so.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.