A vert skateboarding trick. This trick is a stall. You must know how to do a Rock and Roll, 180 Rock and Roll and vert ollie before trying this trick.

Once you reach the vert, but before you hit the coping, do a vert ollie and start leaning forward to straighten out. Start doing a 180 early, because you want to do a full 180 before starting the stall. Once you have done a 180 and are straight, over the coping, bend your knees to weigh yourself down. You should come down on the coping as if you are doing a boardslide, but you shouldn't be moving. Once you want to stop stalling, slide your foot up to the nose and put your weight on it. Once the board starts rolling down the transition immediately take your foot off the nose, but continue to lean forward.

Dis*as"ter (?), n. [F. d'esastre; pref. d'es- (L. dis-) + astre star, fr. L. astrum; a word of astrological origin. See Aster, Astral, Star.]

1.

An unpropitious or baleful aspect of a planet or star; malevolent influence of a heavenly body; hence, an ill portent.

[Obs.]

Disasters in the sun. Shak.

2.

An adverse or unfortunate event, esp. a sudden and extraordinary misfortune; a calamity; a serious mishap.

But noble souls, through dust and heat, Rise from disaster and defeat The stronger. Longfellow.

Syn. -- Calamity; misfortune; mishap; mischance; visitation; misadventure; ill luck. See Calamity.

 

© Webster 1913.


Dis*as"ter, v. t.

1.

To blast by the influence of a baleful star.

[Obs.]

Sir P. Sidney.

2.

To bring harm upon; to injure.

[R.]

Thomson.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.