Dragon Ball Super is the newest series in the Toei Animation Dragon Ball franchise. It is a continuation of Dragon Ball Z (DBZ), and is set after the defeat of Majin Buu. The first episode aired on July 5th, 2015. Akira Toriyama, the creator of Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z, is credited with the original story and character design of the new anime. The series features all the characters from DBZ, as well as Whis and Beerus from the Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods movie.

All I can say is, oh my God it's finally happening!!! This is the first Dragon Ball anime produced in 18 years! There had been rumours all that time about a new series (supposedly called Dragon Ball AF or something along those lines). However, time and time again they proved to just be rumours, and DBZ fans began to give up hope. That started to change once the movie Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods was announced, and subsequently released on March 30th, 2013. Whispers flitted around the internet that Toriyama might just consider a new series if the movie was received well. It almost seemed too good to be true, but lo and behold, Dragon Ball Super was born, and DBZ fans everywhere rejoiced.

All in all I hope the series lives up to everyone's expectations. The first episode was light and funny, with a little harmless action thrown in. As the series progresses, I'm expecting to see things get more interesting. While I found Battle of Gods just ok, I hope this anime does a better job of continuing the story of DBZ.

That said, the fact that there is a new series makes me so happy I feel like a kid again.






294

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.