The Dragonlance Chronicles
By Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman

This fantasy novel trilogy was based in the AD&D Dragonlance universe and spawned a huge succession of Dragonlance-themed novels and short stories. (This was back when AD&D was a product of TSR, not Wizards of the Coast.) It followed the journey of a small, motley group of adventurers that became known as the Companions of the Lance (Heroes of the Lance). These adventurers fought on the side of Good in the War of the Lance, battling against a powerful evil in the dark goddess Takhisis, who wished to wreak havoc on Krynn. This series was the 'benchmark' of Dragonlance novels, with extraordinary events and character development.

Principal Characters: (Companions of the Lance) / (Heroes of the Lance)

The Chronicles:

  1. Dragons of Autumn Twilight - orig. published Dec. 1984: The heroes come together, meet a mysterious pair of barbarians named Riverwind and Goldmoon, and begin their journey.
  2. Dragons of Winter Night - orig. published June 1985: The heroes are separated and search for the legendary Dragon Orbs (magical items of great power) and the Dragonlance.
  3. Dragons of Spring Dawning - orig. published July 1985: The climactic final battle, with the heroes (and good dragons) fighting against a great force of evil dragons.

"Dragons of Summer Flame" was not part of the Chronicles trilogy.

Other Dragonlance series:

Information from 'Krynnwoman's Dragonlance Resource' and Amazon.com.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.