Strange - this is the first year it doesn't hurt as much.

Ten years ago today you made a choice. Maybe that's how long it takes grief to become a dull ache.

I still miss you greatly. I can hear your laughter while telling you raunchy tales of some of my adventures. I can only imagine the advice and suggestions you might have. I truly miss having you as a confidant - never judgement, and you never made it weird. You were also truly the best kind of audience.

It's perfect there is a nasty winter storm coming. You were one of the few people I know who truly loved winter. In fact, I didn't even think about how appropriate today's storm is. Perhaps you're coming to visit for a little while... That does make me tear up a bit.

Today when I go for my walk, I will accept the wind as a long missed hug, even if it's frigid. I will find a way to make your offering - it may have to wait, but I know you'd understand.

I miss you, my friend, everyday.
I appreciate that it feels like you've encouraged us to move on and continue living.
Be at peace.

Winter wind blows
Snow caught in airborne eddies
Swirls around me
Holding like a hug
Just for a moment
Laughter deep and rich
On the breeze
Growing distant
Like the memories
The world settling white
Blanketing the world like new

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.