Korean Pop group. All female, composed of 4 members, each being assigned a color:

Lee Jin (Blue)
Sung Yu Ri (White)
Lee Hyori (Red)
Ok Juh-Hyun (Black)

The name Fin.K.L. itself is derived from the phrase Fine Killing Liberty. That name was given to the group through a korean website during their production process. The name is meant to symbolize the fact that they would do absolutely anything to fight for or to defend liberty for all. Many speculate that the group was formed to challenge the domination of the all girl korean pop market held at the tiem by S.E.S.. Since then, they have shared the limelight with many other all girl groups, with great success and great opposition as well. Furthermore, many dislike them simply because they have been very commercialized, filming lots of commercials and sponsoring many items, but nothing has stopped them from being successful.

While they do not have a distinctive style of music, they do incorporate many styles, combining pop, ballads, rhythm and blues, and dance. They are often criticized that they are not vocally as strong as other artists, but their eye candy traits (especially Hyori and Yuri) have only contributed to their success.

Their first cd was also self titled called Fine Killing Liberty. Some of the singles promoted included Blue Rain, To My Boyfriend or Neh Nahm-jah Chin-goo Eh-geh (in Korean) and Ruby.

Their sophomore release was entitled Fin.K.L. 2: White. Similar to the first cd, many prefer this to the first, and vice versa. Some of the promoted singles included Waiting For You, Jah-john-shim, The Beginning, and Forever Love.

Their third release was entitled Fin.K.L. 2.5. It included many remixes and live performances while having new singles such as To My Prince, Time For Disguise and White.

Their fourth musical release is their fourth album entitled Fin.K.L. 3: Now. The first single off the cd is also called Now, and is a dance tempo music with hard beats and great rhythm.

Their most recent musical release is their fift album and their second special entitled Memories and Melodies. They have remade many of the 70's korean songs and added their own little flavor into it. Overall, a good cd for mellow songs.

Furthermore, they have also drifted into other media by releasing additional material such as a cd called Memories and Melodies and a Red And Blue Video Album. Finally, they have also been to the United States, specifically Atlanta where several members performed.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.