François Boucq was born 1955 in Lille, France and grew up doodling. Without any real training, he began making caricatures for "Le Point" (The Point) and "L'Expansion" (The Expansion), while still a teenager. In 1984, his breakthrough came, with "Les Pionniers de l'Aventure Humaine" (Pioneers of the Human Adventure).

Boucq often co-worked with Jérôme Charyn, making (among others), "La Femme du Magicien" (The Magician's Wife) in 1986, "Point de Fuite Pour les Braves" (Breakpoint For the Brave men) the year after, and "Bouche du Diable" (The Devil's Kiss) in 1990. In 1992, a collaboration with Alejandro Jodorowsky, "Face de Lune" (The Moon's Face) was released.

In 1994, Boucq created the first album about Jérôme Moucherot, "Les Dents du Recoin" (Teeth of the Recess), which was followed by "Sus à l'imprévu!" (Known but Unforeseen) and "Péril pied-de-poule" (Danger hound's tooth) in 1998. In 1999, the latest Jérôme Moucherot arrived, called "J'assure!" (I Assure!)

Boucq started his new series about death in 1996, with "La Rage de Vivre" (The Rage of Living).

In 1998, François Boucq was awarded the Grand Prix de la bande dessinée (Great Price of the Comic Strip) of Angoulêrne festival, and in 1999, he presided over the festival.

See also other Comics creators.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.