I have, in my possession, a simply enormous Poliwhirl which is larger than most house cats and is so overstuffed that it is not even cuddly. It was won for me at a theme park (Paramount's Kings Dominion in Doswell, to be exact) by playing one of those games that you're not supposed to win -- it is one of the prizes on the back wall that everyone envies but they imagine that nobody actually gets.

I carried it around most of the day in the blazing sun, and it was quite irritating at times, and I had a lot of anxiety about it being stolen by some unscrupulous person, filled with Pokemon-lust, while I was on rides. When I got home, I walked into my room, threw it on the sofa, and kinda stared at it.

See, the fact of the matter is, its great to have it, but it is the complete antithesis of what a stuffed animal (I don't know if you can really call Pokemon animals, but I will for the purpose of argument) should be. It is too large for a comfort object you can carry around with you, and its body is completely rigid, which makes it no fun to just hug. It's like hugging a @#$! refrigerator.

Now, it sits on my sofa and collects dust, unless company is over, in which case I throw it on the floor so they will have a place to sit. Kind of a sad fate, really, because it is extremely cute.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.