"Actors are observers. They're trying to have an understanding of human sensibility. And how do you have that accurate observation if you regard yourself as someone of great importance? When you're the one constantly being observed, because they view you as a celebrity? It's all wrong." -Hayden Christensen, February 2002

Hayden Christensen is a young Canadian actor with brooding James Dean looks and blue eyes. Hayden was born on April 19, 1981 in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. However, he grew up in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. He was discovered when attending his sister's role for a Pringles commercial (she was World Junior Trampoline Champion then). He has been acting throughout his teens and has appeared in some 13 TV and movie dramas since 1993, often playing small roles in In the Mouth of Madness and The Virgin Suicides. He was cast on Fox Family's "Higher Ground" in 2000 as a central character and was often given much exposure. Nearing the end of "Higher Ground"'s life, Hayden auditioned for Anakin in the next Star Wars prequels. After several rumours, Hayden Christensen was officially announced to be casted as Anakin Skywalker for Star Wars Episodes II and III on May 12, 2000 to the surprise of many. George Lucas has compared him to James Dean and the young Marlon Brando.

After filming Attack of the Clones, he took on the role as Sam in "Life as a House" in which he lost 25lbs for the role and received a Golden Globe supporting actor nomination. He and his brother Tove have recently started a film company which is signed with New Line.

His popularity has skyrocketed with the pre and after release of Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones. He was recently named one of People magazine's 50 Most Beautiful People along with co-star Natalie Portman.

Hayden loves Canada, tennis (he almost went for a teenis scholarship), his mom's cooking and The Princess Bride. He's a Maple Leafs fan. He's an avid reader, gifted athlete (hockey as well as tennis player) and highly serious about his acting. He still lives at home, sleeping in the same bedroom he grew up in, though he obviously can move out anytime.

Hayden wishes to quit smoking and has two parakeets named Alex and Jay. Though he did not get to keep his lightsaber from Episode II, he was given an Anakin Skywalker toothbrush. But he was able to steal his padawan braid and other undisclosed items.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.