InSoc Discography

Here is a nearly-complete discography of Information Society's major releases, with the year of release and record label. Note that this does not include the dozen or so video game soundtracks that Kurt Harland has done as Information Society, but all of InSoc's major releases and all or nearly all of their singles are covered here.

InSoc's Self-Titled Album (1988)

Performers: Paul Robb, James Cassidy, Amanda Kramer, Kurt Harland
Producer: Fred Maher
Mixer: Roey Shamir and Fred Maher
Record Label: Tommy Boy Records
Note: The CD version of this album is a "CD + Graphics" disc, a nearly unknown CD graphics format that never really went anywhere. I have no clue what was originally intended to read this format, but it is definitely known to work on Sega CD and Sega Saturn game consoles.

Track Listing:

  1. What's On Your Mind (Pure Energy)
  2. Tomorrow
  3. Lay All Your Love On Me
  4. Repetition
  5. Walking Away
  6. Over The Sea
  7. Attitude
  8. Something In The Air
  9. Running
  10. Make It Funky

An information society is a society in which most of the people produce and consume information. In such society, services are the most "popular" field where people work, and information technology plays very important role.

This is one of the society trends of the 2000s. The information industry in form of TV, newspapers and such were already there, and the 1990s brought the computers and Internet as the everyday things people use to get information.

No, I'm not a sociologist. It's just that this term comes up way too often when talking about relationship between technology and society. /msg if I'm completely wrong.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.