American actor James David Greenblatt (January 2, 1967 —), better known by his stage name James Marshall, was allegedly working a job delivering pizzas when director David Lynch cast him to play Harley-riding, moody teenage loner James Hurley, Laura Palmer's secret boyfriend on the cult TV series Twin Peaks. Born in Queens, New York, Marshall's father William R. Greenblatt (a producer) and mother Charlotte Bullard (a "Rockette" dancer) worked at Radio City Music Hall in New York City during the 1970s but moved the family to Los Angeles, California in the early 1980s to transition from the stage into working in television and film.

Marshall had a number of small roles in television productions prior to Twin Peaks, including a "CBS Schoolbreak Special" produced by his father. He made his feature debut playing a sympathetic stockade guard in family friend Martin Sheen's military prison drama Cadence (1990), and later as an amateur boxer alongside Cuba Gooding Jr. in the 1992 film Gladiator. That same year he appeared as a slow-witted Marine who is put on trial in Rob Reiner's blockbuster, A Few Good Men. He kept busy during the 1990s but his stardom had apparently peaked, as his film roles began to taper off around 2002 without any more big budget or big director credits to his name. Most of his television work has been in made for TV movies, with a few serial episode guest appearances.

He married actress Renee Allman in May 1998, and they have worked together on the films Criminal Affairs (1997) and Doomsday Man (2000). Marshall reprised his role as James Hurley in the 2017 revival/third season of Twin Peaks. At the time of this writing he is reportedly pursuing a career in music.

295

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.