I apparently am correcting the three hour time change from the east coast US to the west coast by going backwards.

First day back I go to sleep at 5:30 pm. My plane was supposed to be at 8 am, and I was up at 4:30 east coast time. I sleep about 7 hours, unless I am really tired or post call. So that night it was 8.5. Which means I am up at 2 am west coast.

Whatever.

Next night I go to sleep at 6:30. Day two. Not too bad.

Day three I do a 4-5 mile beach walk with B. It is sunny and gorgeous and cold! Fall asleep at 5:30. I blame it on the long walk.

4th day I walk with my woman friend B and then my male friend B. Not that far. 6:00. Hmm. I am not making much progress.

Yesterday, Monday, I balance the check book. I have doctors at four different hospitals. One is saying go on line to pay my bill, but I can't. My local hospital uses EPIC electronic medical record and so do the others but they don't talk to each other. Consequently I can see bills and labs and notes from the local one but not any of the others. I should call them, but I am getting tired. I am working on the music program for January 23 for the church, but apparently one person has Covid-19 and the emails start getting rather weird. Now I am really tired. Enough. I played my flute, the native american flute and practiced the hymns. I am "in charge" of the music for this sermon, but that appears to mean I suggest things and the music director overrules me. Someone els has chosen one of the hymns. I ask who is going to sing it.

I go to sleep at 2 pm, just a nap. Right. I am up at 10:30 pm my time and it's still January 10. Maybe I can just work backwards around the clock, go to sleep at noon on the 11th, 10 am on the 12th and so forth.

Anyhow, the cats don't care. They like me up in the night.

___________________________

I have written 35 everything2 things since January 1. I don't post everything. That doesn't count the three I've posted that were written last year or in 2014. B thinks I should get an agent. I think about it but first I just want to spend a lot of time writing. I don't have a lot of money, the disability is enough but not a lot, and don't agents cost money? Oh, well. Maybe one will find me.

Also my journal and letters. I am still writing Christmas cards, but they have rather morphed into Valentine cards. It's just nice to write and send some snail mail. I will send ones to my son and daughter now, as thank yous for the Christmas get together. So far none of us has broken out with Covid-19. My daughter is teaching 8th graders so she thinks she is the current highest risk one.

There is an article on Sermo today that cloth masks don't work for Omicron very well and we should wear three ply surgical masks or N95s. Sigh. I dunno and I don't want to research it. It may be a post to try to sell more masks to doctors. We can be gullible.

I escape into the past: Catherine. Dang, I spelled her name differently. Oh, well.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.