Strange factoid. I have spent a good part of the past twenty years of my life trying to prove to myself that I can create a three queen pattern just by willing it into existence. Some of the stupidier things I've done in the past decade have involved some form of attempting to recreate the pattern. The reason for this is not because I want it to come into existence again. I am trying to prove to myself that it was the product of wishful thinking. The attempts always fail.

Picture, if you will, the idea of the end of this life you are living. You've died. The story ends. But does it?

Imagine now that at the end of your life you enter this sort of terminal, like a train station or airport. There are trains and flights out to different locations. What flight are you on?

Now, imagine that this terminal provides access points to key moments in your life's narrative. Each of these access points corresponds to a life-changing decision you made during the course of your life.

"What is this?" you might ask.

Consider the possibility of fulfilling your life's narrative, but with a different decision made at that point. You take a different turn and now you play out the hand. You will not remember the previous life narrative. It will fade from memory, but with shadows that provoke moments of deja vu or strange familiarity. You've seen this territory before, you are just not sure where.

There are unlimited numbers of decisions we make in this life that impact the future course of your life. You could spend eternity fleshing them all out.

And maybe that is exactly what is happening.

reQuest 2020: an E2 reVue

We're just waiting for the siren to signal we've finished the third quarter, so let's check the scores.

  • 21 participants have made 163 reQuests.
  • 12 participants have filled 57 reQuests.
  • The reQuest with the highest rep so far is Jet-Poop's writeup about underrated comic book writer Harvey Pekar.
  • The reQuest that made Nemosyn choke on her lunch is BookReader's exquisite homage to the world's worst poet William McGonagall, Song of Ceber 45: RAID.
  • andycyca is in the lead for the Rancid_Pickle Trophy for the most prolific reQuester with 9 writeups

When the clock ticks over to January 22, 2020 no more new reQuests will be accepted. This will give all participants time to fill all their reQuests before the end of the month. So if you have any last minute ideas for a great reQuest, /msg reQuest now!

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.