display | more...
A type of undergraduate degree course offered at some universities (in the UK at least) which is also known as combined honours, or a combined degree.

Mainly taken people who are unable to determine their specialism by the time they apply for university. To avoid becoming a Jack of all trades (master of none) Joint Honours students invariably end up doing slightly more than half the single honours course in each of their chosen disciplines.

A Joint Honours course at my university can be switched in the final year to a major-minor combination with a 2 to 1 split between subjects. It is also possible to take electives in a third subject such that three subjects are studied in equal measure until the final year.

Some possible subject combinations are:

and there are many more.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.