Jolt Cola is a product of Wet Planet Beverages, Rochester, NY. Jolt Cola is not diet, sugar free, caffeine free, one calorie, or packed with vitamins and minerals. What sets this drink apart from its peers is the fact that it has twice the caffeine of normal colas. In fact it contains 71.5mg of the drug per 12oz (120mg per 20 oz). In the mid-1980's, while other beverage companies were removing the sugar and caffeine from their drinks trying to convince the consumer that less is more, the company founder C.J. Rapp, took a gamble and went the other way. If less is more, then more must be a lot more.

With a slow start, Jolt Cola began to spread from New York State, and gradually became popular throughout the country. It was featured on Late Night with David Letterman, Good Morning America, and CNN. Though not always easy to find, today, it has more than 500 distributors in North America, and is available in 22 different countries. It is packaged in 12oz cans, 12oz glass bottles, 20oz plastic bottles, as well as two-liter plastic bottles.

Jolt is popular with musicians and other entertainers, but its biggest sales are from those in the IT profession (especially the *NIX crowd) as well as college students. While burning the midnight oil because of hacking, programming, studying, or simply fragging one of your dorm-mates during a DeathMatch (w00t!), Jolt Cola was meant to keep you going strong... and get you addicted.

Critique

As far as sodas go, Jolt is much like any other. Some people think it's too thick and syrupy. Others say it loses its carbonation too quickly. It's generally said that it is sweeter than Pepsi or Coke, but may have a bitter after taste. Let's face it though, you don't drink Jolt for the taste, you drink it for the kick in the ass it gives you.

Various Jolt Cola Slogans

Jolt Flavors

Interesting Facts

Nutritional Information

Serving Size: 8 fl. oz.
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 100
% Daily Value*
Total Fat: 0g (0%)
Sodium: 10mg (1%)
Potassium: 0mg (0%)
Total Carbohydrate: 27g (9%)
Sugars: 27g
Protein: 0g (0%)
Vitamin C: (0%)

Not a significant source of other nutrients.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.


http://www.wetplanet.com
http://www.joltcola.com

CST Approved

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.