The time has come,
the time has past,
for everybody who has gone at last.

You cherish the memories
for the people
you thought were your enemies.

From grandparents to children,
from family to friends,
you look upon them as the sadness ends.

You see that the time has come for them to pass,
and take the hand for those who at last has passed,
and you say,"The time has come
for me to go
with everybody who has gone at last."
Notes on a site I had never previously heard of

Believe it or not: at some point in my life (the day before yesterday), I just started wondering how the flame of a candle burning in zero gravity might look like.
Hmm.

I then acted according to some of my most sacred rules, being
1. STFU
2. RTFM (which, unfortunately, doesn't really apply here) and, finally,
3. STFW. Which I did.
A certain site, which had previously proven to be more of a "friend and helper" than the German police (yes, this used to be their motto - not "to serve and protect"), then helped me to find results from all over (and, in this case, out of) this world, ranging from really nasty flamewars over marginally informative posts ("nah, that wouldn't work") on nearly abandoned science geek sites to something that looked like a post.
It was named What does a candle's flame look like when it burns in space? and was the very node you will be able to read when following the link.
After fulfilling my undying curiosity concerning floating candles and possibly another explanation for the Columbia disaster, I discovered that this side I had found was a source of information not only for questions of fire and wax, but also ones of life and death, men and women and well..uh... other very interesting topics.

I was immediately captivated, having finally found an outlet for the mental diarrhea, useful ideas and other byproducts of my brain that float around like...well, candles in Zero-G.

Now, let's see what to do with this site...and what the site does to me...

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.