This is great stuff. Can be thrown on anything really. I usually make it to green up a fish or pasta dish, but then end up finishing the jar by putting it in hot sandwiches or with cheese on crackers, especially with a bit of hot sauce. God, I'm hungry. All measurements are approximate, please experiment. I learned this in a kitchen years ago, so it's not technically my own recipe and it's not particularly ground breaking, but worth writing up I think.

Ingredients
100g pine nuts (or half a bag or whatever), lightly toasted
100g hard cheese, I use manchego or parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), grated,
3-4 medium garlic cloves
100ml olive oil, obviously you can add this gradually to get a desired consistency
100g+ of washed raw kale (if you're using a blender, use 200g kale, press the juice out and drink it, then add your kale mash)
0.5-1 lemon, to taste.
black pepper, to taste

Method

If you're using a blender/food processor, do the kale first, press the juice out, then add everything else finely chopped and blast it in bursts until you're happy with it. I do use a blender, and I don't let it get too smooth.

If you're not using a blender, grind the nuts, grate the cheese, crush and finely chop the cloves, do your best to get the kale as fine as you can, mix in the oil, juice and black pepper. Give it all a thorough stir. Keeps in the fridge for about a week, if you use a jar that's the right size and cover it with more olive oil.

Enjoy.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.